Terms and Conditions.
v1 December 2017
FREE Pickup Service bullet points – Please Read!
1.A Free pick up service is available to all our customers who book any size storage unit for 8 weeks or more (including our half-price deals) within a 10-mile distance of the store you have booked into subject to availability.
2. The distance is calculated using our store's postcode and the collection postcode on the ‘directions‐shortest route’ on google maps. We can assist with longer journeys, please call your local depot for an individual quote.
3. A deposit of £20 is payable for all pickup bookings.
4. The customer, or a person previously designated in writing by the customer, must be present for the collection of goods, assist in the loading of goods into the vehicle and sign the Free Pickup Form as appropriate.
5. The customer (or designated person) must meet our vehicle on return to the depot to assist in unloading goods into the storage unit and to complete the Free Pickup Form.
6. If the Customer (or designated person) is not present to assist in the unloading of the vehicle within a reasonable time period then your goods will be unloaded and wright self-storage will take no responsibility for any damage or loss incurred.
7. All goods must be packed and easily accessible on a ground floor location when staff arrive.
8. Our staff are not allowed to carry goods up/down stairs.
9. An arrival time slot will be allocated to the customer once booked. Please note traffic may have an effect on our booked arrival time but we will make every effort to advise customers of material delays.
10. Free pick up covers (excluding travel time): a. one hour for storage units up to 75 sq.ft b. two hours for storage units up to 125 sq.ft c. three hours for storage units up to 200 sq.ft
11. We will require the customer to supply one able-bodied person to assist with loading and unloading the van and also loading the goods into the storage unit on units up to and including 125 sq.ft.
12. We require two able-bodied people supplied by the customer to assist with units larger than 125 sq.ft.
13. £30 per hour (or part thereof in 15 minute intervals) will be charged if the allocated pick up time is exceeded to load the van.
14. If items are not ready for collection or appropriate people are not at the property to help load the van, the pick‐up will be cancelled and the deposit forfeited.
15. Ensure that all domestic and garden appliances, including but not limited to washing machines, fridges, freezers and dishwashers are clean and dry and have no residual fluid left in them.
16. It is the customer’s responsibility to pay for any parking or meter charges incurred by us in carrying out the collection of goods.
17. The pick‐up team and customer will sign a Free Pickup Form form to verify times and condition of items moved. wright self storage management will process any further charges incurred once the goods have been stored.
18. Customers may cancel any free pick‐ups with a minimum 48 hours’ notice. Failure to cancel or be present when wright self-storage pick up team arrives at the property will incur a charge of £20, to be deducted from the reservation fee paid at the point of booking.
19. It is the customer’s responsibility to insure their items during transit. Store First does accept liability for its negligence under clause 24 of these terms and conditions.
20. This is a “man with a van service” who will assist with the loading and unloading of items and not a full removal service. Work not included: a. Dismantle or assemble furniture, fixtures, fittings or equipment of any kind. b. Disconnection of any electrical, gas or plumbed in appliances. c. Items secured to floors, walls or ceilings. d. Dismantle garden furniture and equipment including, but not limited to: sheds, greenhouses, outdoor play equipment, or move paving slabs, planters and the like. Our staff are not authorised or qualified to carry out such work. We recommend that a properly qualified person is separately employed by you to carry out these services.
21. We will identify when we feel there is a possibility goods being moved will cause damage eg large furniture items through a doorway. You will be asked to sign the Free Pickup form as a disclaimer that any damage caused will not be our liability.
22. We do not allow the collection or storage of: a. Prohibited or stolen goods b. Goods which may encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection. c. Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins or goods or collections of a similar kind. d. food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin; e. birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures; f. combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents; g. firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition; h. chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents; i. toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature; j. any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour; k. any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained, including counterfeit goods, illicit (smuggled/counterfeit) tobacco, illicit alcohol, unlicensed medicines, unsafe goods (including toys, electrical items, cosmetics, fireworks); l. compressed gases.
23. Ownership of the goods. By entering into this contract you confirm to us that: a. The goods to be removed are your own property, or b. You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the goods to be removed or stored. c. You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
24. Our liability for loss or damage: a. In the event of our losing or damaging your items or property we will pay for the reasonable costs of the repair or replacement (less wear and tear) of the items if we have been negligent up to the total value of all items of £5,000. b. In the event of a total or partial loss or damage to your items, we will not be liable for the following: i. ‘New for old’ replacement value for lost or damaged items. ii. Any loss or damage which is not caused by us. iii. Any unforeseeable additional costs you might incur as a result of loss of a particular item. c. If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property, you must note this on the Free Pickup Form as soon as practically possible after the damage occurs or is discovered, or in any event before the form is signed. d. We shall only be liable for damage to premises/or items caused by our negligence. e. Any damages to premises/or items must be noted on the Free Collection Form prior to signature. f. Any claims for loss or damage to your items or property not noted on the Free Pickup Form prior to signature will not be considered.
Return Back To The Home Page