How to Plan A Move – Change is the only constant, and moving out or moving into a new place is an exciting part of life. Is your family growing? Have you found the one that you would want to settle in with? Are you in search for the perfect home? Or do you want to move on? Well, whatever your reason for the move we can all agree that it’s not an easy task.
Getting it all organised is rather difficult to pull off, and you don’t want to leave behind important things, right? So, rather listing it in your memory and hope everything gets done in time, it’s a good idea to make a solid plan in advance. List down all the things that will be necessary to be included in your relocation strategy
- Don’t forget to take care of your address change details first off– I know you’re looking forward to finishing unpacking all the stuff at your new place, and maybe celebrating it with a beer or something, right? You don’t want to ruin that moment by realizing that you still have to do the more tedious and boring details. Save yourself the frustration by taking care your change of address request first. Notifying the post office, bank and other important people and subscription will surely save you the hassle. Check them off from your list while you’re still not bound to packing and the other more physical tasks you need to take care later on.
- Write down your to-do list of moving task – When you got a lot of stuff, kids or pets to consider in moving, then you’ve got so much to remember. A list will help you sort everything out. Plus the checking off when you completed a task is a satisfying feeling, don’t you think so? Don’t forget to make an inventory list as well, this will help you on your unpacking process.
- Don’t buy packing supplies – Moving is a stressful and money-draining task. Even if you’re moving to a more cheaper place, the process of moving will still cost a lot. Packing doesn’t need to add to that cost, you can get in touch with the stores that you buy your groceries with, and ask if they could give you any extra boxes. Finding the right store and right people will make a lot of difference. Make sure that you have extra boxes for all the things that you need to pack with you.
- Take pictures of your old room- Yes, I know you can’t replicate your old room to your new place, but taking pictures on how some things are placed will help your unpacking and organisation a little bit faster. You won’t be figuring out how to hook up some of your stuff because you have the picture of how you it should look like.
- Line Up Professional Movers – It’s not easy to walk up and down the stairs with countless boxes to carry with you, or you’re moving across the country and your car is not big enough – hiring professional movers will not hurt you. Yes, they can be a bit expensive, but you can always get a cheap one if you know how to look for them. Line them up, don’t just take the first one you get, look for the cheaper option.
- Prep your new place before the move – If you need to paint, or fix some damage, or change any room structure; it’s a good idea to do it before moving in. In this way, it won’t stain your furniture or your carpets.
- Put the trash to the bin – Sort your things out, label the things that you won’t need or things that have piled up in your basement. If you don’t need it then it’s a trash, if it’s a trash it should belong to the bin.
And this is how you plan a move. That’s all, folks. 😉
Ready to find out more?
Drop us a line today for a free quote!